GPF Interest Rate for Govt Employees
The Government of West Bengal took the resolution about the interest rates of the General Provident Fund and issued the same in order number 2750-F(J). The interest rate remains the same at 7.1% for the consecutive 7th quarter.
The rate is applicable for the General Provident Fund, Contributory Provident Fund, CPFE, and any other Provident Fund maintained under State Account with the approval of this Government.
GPF Interest Rate for the previous years
WRITERS’ BUILDINGS, KOLKATA – 700 001
|No. 2750-F(J)-W.B.||Dated : Kolkata, the 18th January, 2022|
The Governor is pleased to decide that during the period from 01.01.2022 to 31.03.2022 accumulation at the credit of the subscribers to General Provident Fund and other similar funds under the administrative control of the Government of West Bengal shall carry interest at the rate of 7.1% (seven point one percent) per annum. The rate will be in force during this financial year for the period from 01.01.2022 to 31.03.2022. The funds concerned are
- General Provident Fund (West Bengal Service).
- Contributory Provident Fund (West Bengal).
- Provident Funds maintained under the West Bengal Non-Government Educational institutions and Local Authorities (CPFE) Act, 1983.
- Any other Provident Fund maintained under State Account with the approval of this Government.
- 2. Ordered that the resolution be forwarded to all Departments of the Government of West Bengal and published in Kolkata Gazette.
By order of the Governor